Tuesday, June 9, 2009

UP and Drag Me To Hell




I have always loved Pixar movies. Growing up with cartoons was a big stepping stone in my direction towards animating and drawing. This past weekend had the best films of the summer so far. First up is.... UP. The latest and greatest from Pixar. I have never been disappointed by their films, and this is no exception. The Animation makes the characters human and the voice work fits each character to a "T". A special shout out to the dog; Doug. I WILL own a dog like that one day. Grade: A




Next is the horror film Drag Me To Hell. A new film from Spiderman director Sam Raimi, who has a nack at blending horror and comedy in a way nobody else can. At first I was skeptical to go see this film, but luckily Sam does not dissapoint. The movie is creepy and fun; perfect for the summer. The only complaint I had was the kids in the audience were talking for a majority of the film. Nothing to do with the movie though. Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment