Monday, August 10, 2009

G.I. Joe


This movie was NOT an award winning cinema tour de force. It was NOT the exact G.I. Joe movie I had dreamed about as a child. NOR was it the perfect cast I had in mind. BUT, surprise! It was F-U-N: FUN! I felt like a kid again. It brought me back to when I had my collection of Joes and Cobra going crazy in the middle of my room. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow sword fighting to the bitter end! Duke and Cobra Commander firing from across the room with guns of all sort. This was the movie that needed to be the way it was. Toys fighting each other.

The Goods: Snake Eyes (Ray Park, aka. Darth Maul), Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander ( Perfect up till the end. Hated the helmet he puts on. They need the blue cloth for the sequel!) , Destro, Baroness, Scarlett, Zartan, the fights, the weapons, the accelerator suits (I want one!) and The Pit!

The Okay:
Ripcord, Col. Hawk, and Heavy Duty. Not bad performers, but not superb.

The Bad: Duke, played by Channing Tatum, is just out of place in this thing.Some of the SFX needed work as well. The Cheesy dialogue kills some of the better parts. ("Mission is a go!" I swear I heard that line at least five times!)

All together, it was a solid action packed ride for kids and adults that grew up playing with the action figures! It was everything Transformers 1 and 2 should have been! Bring on the sequel (and Thundercats!)

C+

No comments:

Post a Comment