Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Orphan Review




I was extremely skeptical of seeing this for many reasons.
Quite frankly, horror movies today are not scary. For the most part, it is hard to find anything worth paying to see in a theater (I refuse to see "Sorority Row" for obvious reasons). As an audience member, there are a couple of things I expect when paying to see horror.
1: Originality
2: Good Acting
3: REAL scares
I cant even remember the last film I saw in the theater that carried all three. At least Orphan had two. The scares are nothing new. BUT, it is creepy as can be. I actually enjoyed it, and it is hard to impress me with scary movies. The one thing that got under my skin more than the creepy Russian orphan (wait for the twist ending. Very creepy) was the sheer frustration some of the characters make you feel. I nearly threw something at the screen just to relive some kind of anger building up. Then again, that may be what the film was going for.

B-

No comments:

Post a Comment